Truck Driver / Building Materials Handler
McGann Building Supply, a lumber and hardware supply store, is hiring a Truck Driver/Building Materials Handler to join their team in Hancock, Michigan. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Load and unload their cargo.
- Inspect and maintain vehicles and equipment.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Ensure products are delivered in a timely manner.
- Assist customers with loading/unloading materials.
- Put away inventory and unload distributor trucks.
- Load vehicle using a forklift.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS/SCHEDULE. This is a full-time position with a rotating schedule that includes working occasional Saturdays and offers a starting wage of $15.00 per hour (or up to $20.00 per hour starting pay for those with a CDL). In addition, the position offers health and dental insurance, a retirement plan, and paid vacation.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license; CDL a bonus.
- Must possess a clean driving record.
- Proficient at driving large vehicles.
- Possess a physical ability to push, pull, lift and/or carry heavy objects (up to 80 lbs.) with assistance, secure loads with straps, chains or other fasteners, and climb up and down from our fleet vehicles and trailers.
- Experience with lift trucks, hand trucks and pallet jacks a plus.
- You are dependable, hardworking and a good communicator.
- You work well under time constraints and can ensure deadlines are met.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at mcgannbuildingsupply.hirescore.com
No phone calls, emails or walk-ins please.
McGann Building Supply is an independently owned, well-established lumber, building material and hardware supply store serving the area for more than 70 years. Our team members are experienced and committed to providing top-notch customer experiences. Learn more at mcgannbuildingsupply.com.