Responsible for the efficient, effective piling and preparation of lumber packages for shipping.
· Removes lumber from chain and places on carts
· Checks lumber thickness, length, and grade; piling accordingly
· Sorts out defects and notifies grader of them
· Removes tags from packs and records tag information
· Cleans work area and keeps free of hazards
· Follows standard operating procedures
· Performs all other duties assigned by supervisor
· Report all injuries, accidents, near misses, unsafe conditions, or practices to your supervisor or lead person immediately.
· Personal protective equipment, hearing protection, hard hat, safety shoes, safety glasses, side shields must be worn in designated areas.
· Shut off feed rolls when not in use
· Never use hands to remove slivers or clear jambs in the machine
· Always use the Lockout/Tagout procedure
· Be alert to the presence of lift trucks
· Stack lumber to insure that piles are stable
· Use only approved walkways to cross over or under belts or conveyors while they are in operation
· Do not wear loose or torn clothing near moving conveyors
· Materials that may roll, slide or shift must be securely blocked or guarded.
This job description is not to be considered an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. The employer reserves the right to modify this job description as circumstances warrant.
This job requires excellent health and physical strength with the ability to work in extreme weather conditions. Must be able to pass a background check, as well as a pre - employment physical examination and drug testing.
High School or Equivalent, No Experience Necessary
Sign On Bonus
Monthly Production Bonus
Benefits package includes:
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, 401K, Vacation and Holidays