Food Service Manager at Keweenaw Base Camp
Camp Luther Position Description:
Food Service Manager
The Food Service Manager reports to the Base Camp Director.
The primary purpose of the Food Service Manager position is to provide overall leadership, direction, and management of all areas related to food service at Keweenaw Base Camp.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan menus for all meals served at camp.
- Prepare or see to the proper preparation of all meals served at camp.
- Purchase all food and supplies.
- Maintain appropriate inventory records, including menus.
- Work within approved budget.
- Practice fiscally responsible ordering and usage of inventory and equipment.
- Follow all appropriate codes and regulations regarding food preparation and storage and cleaning procedures.
- Manage equipment maintenance, repair and replacement as needed.
- Maintain overall appearance, cleanliness, organization and functionality of entire food service area.
- Assist in hiring of supporting staff as needed.
- Oversee scheduling of supporting staff as needed.
- Work within approved personnel budget.
- Duties may be assigned in other areas.
Position Requirements and Compensation:
- Experience and/or displayed abilities in similar position.
- Certifications/Education as required by State and Local Codes (if required, Camp Luther will arrange and cover cost of certification).
- Must be 18 or older.
- This is an administrative position paid on an hourly basis.
- Position starts June 7, 2020 and goes until August 20, 2020.
- Guaranteed 1 day a week off (mostly Saturdays).
- Starting wage may be between $10.00-12.00 per hour based on experience.
- Wage is reviewable annually.