Food Service Assistant at Keweenaw Base Camp
Camp Luther Position Description:
Food Service Assistant
The Food Service Assistant reports to the Food Service Manager & may also have check-ins with the Keweenaw Base Camp Director.
The primary purpose of the Food Service Assistant position is to provide assistance to all areas related to food service at Keweenaw Base Camp, under the direction of the Food Service Manager.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Properly prepare meals served at camp.
- Follow all appropriate codes and regulations regarding food preparation and storage and cleaning procedures.
- Properly clean workspace and operate dishwashing machine.
- Maintain overall appearance, cleanliness, organization and functionality of entire food service area.
- Create new and exciting food options to be tried on a regular basis.
- Monitor the upkeep of equipment as needed.
- Help plan menus for all meals served at camp.
- Assist with the purchase of food and supplies as needed.
- Maintain a positive and encouraging attitude.
- Be punctual and provide quality customer service.
- Support Camp Luther and Keweenaw Base Camp’s mission & vision.
- Respect the leadership of the Food Service Manager.
- Duties may be assigned in other areas.
Position Requirements and Compensation:
- Experience and/or displayed abilities in similar position.
- Certifications/Education as required by State and Local Codes (if required, Camp Luther will arrange and cover cost of certification)
- Must be 18 or older.
- This is a position paid on an hourly basis, based on experience
- Starting wage may be between $10.00-12.00 per hour based on experience
- Position starts June 7, 2020 and goes until August 20, 2020.
- NO Saturdays, some weeks may be limited hours.