This position is responsible for the full time management of the Keweenaw Chamber of Commerce operations and events. This position’s primary role is to support the Chamber including bookkeeping, administrative support, events, and Visitor Center operations. The position is also available as needed on a cost basis to provide assistance to KEDA and their Executive Director. The position works Monday-Friday with weekly and daily flexibility to attend and staff events. Wages will be discussed based on experience.
- Lead administrative services including prioritizing, setting up and maintaining organizational files, records, budgets, minutes and other data; prepare minutes, agendas, meeting notices; set up accounts and order office and event supplies and equipment as directed; maintain contact lists for mailings and other organizational communications.
- Provide general bookkeeping services (working with the Chamber Treasurer) and local accounting agency. Duties include organizational financial records; process all payments and receipts including preparation of billing statements, vouchers and checks; ensure timely deposits and withdrawals of corporate funds from bank accounts. Maintain accurate program files and account for all payments received; prepare and file necessary financial reports for granting agencies; follow-up with members and vendors by phone to ensure timely payment of invoices; support the Chamber’s Keweenaw Cash program
- Drive Chamber member support and function as lead coordinator for all Chamber activities, including annual, monthly /bi-monthly and special events. Seek event sponsorships, and work with Board members and committees on a collaborative basis to plan, coordinate, conduct and evaluate high quality programs and events which meet the strategic vision and serve the needs of Chamber members.
- Work collaboratively with community members and partners including but not limited to KEDA, CVB, city and county leaders, DDA’s, regional Chambers, local businesses and organizations.
- Provide and manage regular outreach communication through monthly newsletter, emails, posters and social media.
- Organize and provide assistance for media opportunities.
- Lead Chamber Visitor Center presence; maintain open business hours, answer routine telephone inquiries and routine information inquiries received; greet visitors, oversee a cleanly environment, and make referrals
- Manage Chamber Website and ChamberMaster customer relations management system and other contracting organization Websites
- Provide support as directed by the Chamber Board. This will include supporting the Chamber and other community organizations under contract with the Chamber to support clerical/administrative services
- Gather data and other vital information as directed to inform actions by the Chamber or other contracting organizations
- Other duties as assigned
- Required education - High school or equivalent; Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 years’ experience in bookkeeping, administrative support and customer service
- Strong belief and support of the collaborative process, along with a demonstrated ability to work as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to make suggestions, follow-through and manage time to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously. Creativity, initiative and commitment are required.
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and work independently with minimal supervision and the understanding of when to seek input
- Demonstration of a successful bookkeeping (Quickbooks) and administrative support background with excellent written and oral communications skills, word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (Excel) and other computer program skills. Experience with various office equipment. Good spelling and punctuation skills are required.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation
Current events and programs (concurrent with assistance from Board and event committee members)
- BridgeFest 2021 (Chamber assuming new primary leadership role, annual, collaborative)
- Co-branded KEDA/Chamber Breakfast Meetings (monthly)
- Lunch and Learns (bi-monthly)
- Chamber Annual Meeting (Held in December Annually)
- Spark Plug (annual, collaborative)
- Business After Hours (periodic)
- Golf Outing (annual)
- Holiday Hoopla (annual, collaborative)
- Leadership Keweenaw (periodic, collaborative)
- Small Business Saturday (annual)
Please send resume to:
Chamber Manager - Houghton, MI 49931 - Indeed.com
902 College Ave.
Houghton, MI 49931