Are you a team player and not afraid of being outdoors going from cabin to cabin?
We are seeking a housekeeper to join the team at the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge. You will perform a variety of housekeeping duties including vacuuming, mopping, surface cleaning, dusting, changing and laundering linen. Attention to detail and some customer assistance and service are required. The right person is punctual, thorough but fast, and eager to learn.
This position is full-time during the summer (mid-May to mid-October), and part time during the winter time (last-October to early-May).
Responsibilities and activities performed
- Maintain all cleaning equipment, supplies, and products; ensure safe and sanitary storage and care of products
- Perform general sweeping, scrubbing, mopping of hardwood, laminate, or tiled floors as needed
- In charge of vacuuming equipment; vacuums and cleans carpets, performs further treatments such as shampoo or stain-removal as needed
- Disposal of trash from bins and containers
- Dust and polish furniture and room accessories as needed
- Scrub sinks, basins, bathtubs, showers, and toilets in private and public bathrooms
- Change of linens, and gather used linens such as sheets or towels for laundering
- Clean windows, glass surfaces, mirrors, and counters as needed
- Keep all public spaces neat and tidy
- Report repairs and replacements needed when encountered on job
- Physically able to push vacuum cleaner for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, and walk during daily routine, with ability to stand for long lengths of time
- Training will be provided
- Able to assist customers/guests when needed
- Pays attention to detail when cleaning
- Organized and able to follow a schedule
At the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge, we strive to provide a fun, joyous, and adventuresome working environment (see our core values). An ideal employee behaves with integrity, honesty, and is always seeking opportunities to learn. The candidates we are seeking will be a positive contribution to the housekeeping operations, but will also support and help colleagues across the Lodge’s various departments when necessary.
For benefits and employee policies, see the Employee Handbook
Employee housing and rideshare available. We have housing available for employees this year in the hotel complex (double occupancy). [ View employee housing accommodations for the 2020 season ]. As well, we have a rideshare program that people can take advantage of for carpooling to and from the Lodge. [ View rideshare information ]
Please complete the form below and upload your resume as a PDF or Word file. A Recommendation: When answering the question about providing “Examples of Your Values“, provide examples of how you live your values, and not just list your values in your answer.