The Event Operations Assistant ensures smooth event operations at the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge. This includes helping with set-up, keeping events running on schedule, coordinating with vendors for deliveries and set-up, and assigning staff tasks.
- Works with the Events Department Lead to plan events, including meeting with clients, planning menus and beverage orders, and conducting tours of the Lodge and related tasks as assigned.
- Oversees event setup and tear-down, including table setting, decorating, coordinating with clients, table and dance floor set up, bar setup, post-event cleanup, and other related duties.
- Works with Facilities and Food and Beverage departments on setup and tear-down schedules and tasks.
- Manages event timelines, including table dismissals, serving schedules, grand entrances shut down, and similar.
- Assesses staffing needs during an event, including assigning tasks, dismissing staff as needed, and similar.
At the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge, we strive to provide a fun, joyous, and adventuresome working environment (see our core values). An ideal employee behaves with integrity, honesty and is always seeking opportunities to learn. The candidates we are seeking will be a positive contribution to the housekeeping operations and support and help colleagues across the Lodge’s various departments when necessary.
The position duration is June-October.
For benefits and employee policies, see the Employee Handbook
Employee housing available
We have housing available for employees this year in the hotel complex (double occupancy). [ View employee housing accommodations for the 2021 season ]
Please complete the form below and upload your resume as an MS Word or PDF document.